Monday, December 13, 2010

Another Moving Report

Hi, team. Okay, as of today I have a new local number -- 602-373-0320, for use only in the Phoenix area, from T-Mobile. The only drawback is that I had to get a Nokia, which has to be one of the worst-designed phones I've ever met. My old long-distance number -- 310-339-4345 -- is still the same.

Yes, you can email me at fish.leslie@gmail.com. I spent a good part of today going round and round with Cox, who promise that they'll have my old email address up and running in "a few days". "What's a 'few'?" I asked. "Well, maybe 24 hours, maybe 48, maybe longer", said the Cox techie. *Sigh* Apparently, for all their speed-of-light communications, they still have speed-of-snail secretaries. Patience!

Aside from that, I put together my membership, payment and demo-CD for the Tucson 2011 Folk Festival, so unless the demo and check get lost in the mail (I'll send it registered, just to be safe), I'll be appearing there next Spring. I'll also be singing at PantheaCon in California, in February, and -- didn't I mention this elsewhere? -- with Joe Bethancourt at Fiddler's Dream in Phoenix on New Year's Day. Besides that, I'm assembling a promo-package with Joe's help, and once I have enough copies, I'll be going around to the open-mics and local venues again. Wish me luck!

More later.

--Leslie <;)))>< )O(

2 comments:

Aya Katz said...

Leslie, good to know your gmail. Not being in the Phoenix area, I can't phone you. But have you considered getting Skype? It's free, and you can talk as long as you want and even see the person on the other side. And this is a globe-wide thing!

Leslie Fish said...

Hi, Aya! I've heard about Skype before, but I think I'll wait until all the bugs are shaken out of the system before I ask my wizard for it. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Cox. *Sigh*

--Leslie <;)))><